Top Rated Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Centre in Gurgaon and New Delhi, India
Awakening Wellness Retreat – Best Drug Rehab and Alcohol Rehabilitation Centre in Gurgaon & New Delhi. We have successfully treated thousands of alcoholics and addicts. At our Rehabilitation Centre in Gurgaon, you will find a safe and secure environment with cosy and silent surroundings, where it feels like home. The food we provide to our patients is highly nutritious and customized accommodating any dietary needs when needed. Awakening Wellness Retreat has highly experienced and expert staff to take care of patients and for them patients are the highest priority. We regularly receive positive responses from our patients and their family members, and for this reason we are very much proud of our expert team and staff and its achievement. Due to our expert team and staff, Awakening Wellness Retreat is one of Best Rehabilitation and De-Addiction Centre in Gurgaon and New Delhi region.
We are one of the leading Alcohol and Drug Rehabilitation Centre in India with patients all over India and around the globe. We have successfully treated patients from Gurgaon, New Delhi, Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Noida, Meerut, Agra, Lucknow, Kanpur, Mumbai, Jaipur, Chandigarh, Amritsar, Jammu, Dehradun, Shimla and many more cities) as well as outside India covering various regions like New Zealand, Australia, USA, UK, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt, Italy, Qatar, Turkey, South Africa, Singapore, Belgium, Netherlands, France, Spain etc.
WHAT IS ADDICTION ?
Addiction is a complex condition, a brain disease that is manifested by compulsive substance use despite harmful consequences. In it, the patient or the user loses the ability to control the intake of the substance or becomes depending on it for regular functioning. It causes adverse effect on almost every aspect of your life- health, family, relationships, workplaces, finances.
Dependence specifically refers to a physical condition in which the body has adapted to the presence of a drug. If that person stops taking that drug suddenly, that person will experience predictable and measurable withdrawal symptoms. The Awakening Wellness Retreat – Alcohol and Drug Rehabilitation Centre in Gurgaon during your alcohol or substance de-addiction treatment helps you overcome your addiction dependence with the minimum of discomfort possible.
Tolerance : Tolerance is a person’s diminished response to a drug as a result of repeated use. Severely dependent addicts are often able to tolerate high levels of drug in quantity that would dangerously affect or kill some people.
Withdrawal symptoms : Withdrawal is the process of cutting out or cutting back on the addictive substances, such as drugs or alcohol. An addict usually experiences physical and psychological withdrawal symptoms if they suddenly cut down or stop the substance they are addicted to. Withdrawal symptoms can be different for different people and can range from mild to severe depending upon the type of substance addicted to, the duration of addiction, the person’s age, physical and psychological characteristics as well as the withdrawal process used. The most common withdrawal symptoms are:
- Hand tremors, 6hrs
- Sweating, 6 to 12 hrs
- Hallucinations, seeing things & images that are unreal, 24-48 hrs
- Anxiety, Insomnia, sleeplessness
- Convulsions 72hrs
- Relief drinking: to avoid withdrawal people drink
- More time spent on Addiction use & its effects.
- Persistent desire or unsuccessful attempts to cut down the Addiction.
- Alternative enjoyment is lost.
We at Awakening Wellness Retreat – The Best Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Centre in New Delhi and Gurgaon take care that you experience minimum effect of the withdrawal symptoms while you are undergoing alcohol de-addiction treatment.
Am I drinking too Much Addiction?
Binge drinking or excessive drinking can quickly escalate in to alcoholism.
CAGE Criteria : The CAGE questionnaire is an international tool used by healthcare practitioners to determine if that person has an alcohol addiction or no.
- Have you ever felt the Need to Cut Down on your Drinking?
- Have people Annoyed you by criticizing your Drinking?
- Have you ever felt Guilty About your Drinking?
- Have you ever felt you needed a drink first thing in the morning to steady your nerves or to get rid of your hangover?
Even if single criteria is present you have to stop addiction use. Also, higher the score, the greater the indication that the patient might have problems controlling his alcohol consumption.
The Awakening Wellness Retreat – Addiction Treatment Centre in Gurgaon near New Delhi, India helps you answer the CAGE Criteria honestly and advice according to its results whether you need to undergo alcohol or drug de-addiction treatment Centre.
Risks of Addiction use
Addiction is a disease and it affects all the aspects of life of the addict. The consequences of addiction can affect a person’s well-being, physical health, family and professional life.
- Physical dimension
- Familial Dimensions
- Psychological Dimension
- Financial Dimension
- Social Dimensions
- Compulsive cravings and prolonged substance abuse causes short-term and long-term negative health consequences throughout your body.
Short Term effects
- Accidents, Injuries, Trivial falls may cause head injuries, fractures & sudden deaths.
- Addiction Poisoning may lead to vomiting, seizures, falling unconscious & death.
- Violent behaviour & being victim of violence.
- Binge drinks: – heavy drink over short period of time is more likely to behave recklessly & are at greater risk of being in an accident
Long Term effects
- Heart disease: Heavy drinking over a long period cause increased blood pressure, high cholesterol level which may cause heart attacks & stroke.
- Long term Addiction misuse can weaken the immune system, making u vulnerable to infections.
- It can also weaken your bones placing u at greater risk of fracturing or breaking them.
- Stroke & Paralysis.
- Liver Dysfunction, Jaundice, Ascites & Liver failure.
- Mouth, Liver & Bowel cancer.
- Pancreatitis & Diabetes due to recurrent Pancreatitis.
- Sexual problems like impotence, premature ejaculation, infertility.
Addiction Misuse means drinking excessively— More than lower risk limits of Addiction CONSUPTION
Lower risk limits : – 1 Unit of Addiction is 10 ml of Pure Addiction Which means half pint of beer or A peg of 30ml of whisky or similar drinks
To keep your risk of Addiction harm low We advice Less than14 units of Addiction a week i.e. 14 small pegs of 30 ml If you want to drink 14 units, its best to spread evenly over the week over three or more day a week
If you want to reduce the amount of Addiction you drink, it’s good to have several Addiction-free days each week.
Regular drinking means drinking almost every day each week The risk to your health is increased by drinking any amount of Addiction on a regular basis.