Best Alcohol & Drug Rehabilitation Cente in Gurgaon & New Delhi
Alcohol and drug addiction – treatment and methodology
Addiction is a disease that directly affects the brain and behavior of an individual. When a person is addicted to drugs or alcohol, he/she cannot resist the urge to use it, no matter how much harm it causes to them. Addiction is all about getting attracted to heroin, cocaine, illegal drugs, substance abuse, alcohol use, nicotine, and anti-anxiety medicines. Alcohol addiction is the inability to control drinking due to physical and emotional dependence on alcohol. Though alcohol consumption is quite common in India, many get addicted to its use. Medical help and support are needed to treat drug and alcohol addiction. You can get good alcohol and drug addiction treatment in Gurgaon.
Symptoms of drug and alcohol addiction:
Engaging in risky behaviours
Difficulty in coping up
Brain and liver damage
Changes in physical appearance
Slow heart rate
Always tired and lose control over everything
Why do people go for alcohol and drugs?
Due to social factors
To enjoy the experience
Wanting to improve themselves in work
To make the unpleasant feeling go away
An overdose occurs when there is a lot of drugs and alcohol running through the bloodstream and it directly affects breathing and brain functioning. Sedatives also increase the chances of overdose and relapsing. If you or any of your loved ones are going through any kind of addiction, get the best alcohol and drug addiction treatment in New Delhi.
How to diagnose drug/alcohol addiction?
The first in diagnosis is to identify the problem and make the decision to seek help. The first step is initiated either by family members or by friends. Secondly, an exam is taken by the professional health care provider which includes some tests and talking sessions to figure out the reason why the person got involved in drug or alcohol addiction. After this, reports are analyzed and treatment is started with the help of a rehabilitation centre. Our rehab centre is one of the best centres, known for drug and alcohol addiction treatment in Gurgaon. Our staff consists of all the professionals who treat the patients while they are in the recovery period.
Treatment for drug and alcohol addiction
There are several evidence-based treatments for treating alcohol and drug addiction. Our rehab centre uses the following:
- Detoxification – detoxification will help the body get rid of drugs from the system. Proper health care for detox will be provided.
- Medication-assisted therapy – during detox, medicines are also given that help to control cravings and relieve withdrawal symptoms.
- Psychotherapy – psychotherapy is the most classic approach when it comes to treating alcohol and drug addiction. A professional psychologist talks to the person about his/her past experiences and tries to figure out the reason why the patient got involved in alcohol and drug abuse. Psychologists help the patient to manage their cravings and mood swings. Motivation is given so that they can achieve their short-term goals. During psychotherapy, a relation of trust and confidence is built up between the patient and the psychologist.
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy– CBT is another method for treating the burden of drug abuse and alcoholism. CBT helps the patient to recognize his/her negative thoughts and behaviors and replace them with positivity. It is a solution-based approach for the patients as they start to confront their sins and harmful beliefs. Five sessions of CBT are enough for a patient to take everything out and enter into the changing place.
- Dialectical behavioral therapy– DBT is another evidence-based therapy, that operates from the assumption that everything is connected and the world is constantly changing. Group DBT sessions are conducted for the patients to make them live in the present instead of dwelling past. Clinicians practice four main strategies while performing this therapy, those include interpersonal effectiveness, emotion regulation, distress tolerance, and core mindfulness.
- 12-step facilitation program– it is a supportive community-based program that helps people discuss their struggles with alcohol or drug addiction. A 12-step program supplies other forms of therapy and gives topics to discuss with the psychologists. It helps in achieving sobriety and patience.
- Yogaand meditation – it is very beneficial technique for managing cravings and staying focused during the recovery period. Yoga is a collection of physical and mental exercises. Yoga does not involve any religious dimension. Meditation helps the person to relax and stay calm. Research claims that yoga and meditation are successful for people who go through substance and alcohol abuse.
Medication and some other therapies are only given if prescribed by the doctor. Every patient has a different need in the recovery procedure. A proper method is followed for treating the patients. If anyone you know is going through a drug or alcohol addiction, convince him/her to seek help before it gets too late. You can get the best drug addiction treatment in Delhi NCR.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Alcohol abuse causes symptoms of depression, anxiety, and antisocial behavior. These symptoms last for weeks and can cause psychiatric disorders if not treated properly.
Communicate with your loved ones, seek therapy before it gets too late, try to maintain a happy lifestyle, deal with pressure, and look into your past.
Alcohol and drug abuse weaken the muscles of the eyes, can damage the optic nerve which will therefore damage your brain permanently. Double and distorted vision starts to occur to the patient.
Yes, you will get better and in fact, you can come out of the vicious cycle of drug and alcohol addiction if you take proper therapy and medications. If you are motivated enough and you are trying hard to get well. No one can stop you from achieving that goal. After recovery, all of it becomes worth it.
For men, consuming more than 4 drinks at once or more than 14 drinks in a week are called to be heavy drinkers.
If you are an alcohol addict then get yourself treated, we give out the best alcohol addiction treatment in Gurgaon. Contact us to know more.