Best Treatment For Depression in Gurgaon and New Delhi
Depression—also called “clinical depression” or a “depressive disorder”—is a mood disorder that causes distressing symptoms that affect how you feel, think, and handle daily activities, such as sleeping, eating, or working.
The key to demarcate between a low phase and depression is that the said symptoms must be consistent in the patient, for each day over a period of 2 weeks.
WHO ARE THE MOST AFFECTED?
Reports say that women are generally more prone to depression than men. Between the age group of 15-29 years, suicide due to depression is the highest. Therefore, young people are the most affected group by depression.
ARE YOU AFFECTED?
Before you jump to the conclusion that you are depressed, you would want to trace these symptoms in you for two weeks every day (as suggested by the National Institute of Mental Health):
- Persistent sad, anxious, or “empty” mood
- Feelings of hopelessness or pessimism
- Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, or helplessness
- Loss of interest or pleasure in hobbies or activities
- Decreased energy, fatigue, or being “slowed down”
- Difficulty concentrating, remembering, or making decisions
- Difficulty sleeping, early-morning awakening, or oversleeping
- Appetite and/or weight changes
- Thoughts of death or suicide attempts
- Restlessness or irritability
- Aches or pains, headaches, cramps, or digestive problems without a clear physical cause and/or that do not ease even with treatment
IS IT TREATABLE?
We read every day that maximum suicides are somewhere exactly or closely related to depression. We must not forget that if it is one of the most fatal diseases, it is also a treatable disease. To say it precisely, the treatment is also not very expensive, or rigorous. Depression results from a complex interaction of social, psychological and biological factors. Therefore, through community support, therapies and medicines that treat biological factors, we can easily cure depression. All that is needed is correct diagnosis, and removal of the stigmas associated with this curable disease.
HOW TO APPROACH TREATMENT?
A lot of people hesitate from taking anti-depressant medicines, owing to its lethal side effects. However, if you visit professional rehab centres, like Awakening Wellness Retreat- Depression Treatment Centre in Gurgaon, you will find a holistic approach to treatment. Especially, at Awakening Wellness Retreat (Gurgaon), we make sure that a plethora of therapy options are available, to choose the most suitable one. A perfect combination where the side effects of medicines are balanced through physical exercises, dietary plans, and psychological therapies, is formed.
- Amongst the most commonly used medications are: (also, recommended by WHO)
- Serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs)
- Tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs)
- For therapies and alternate treatment methods, options recommended by WHO and followed by Awakening Rehab.
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Interpersonal psychotherapy (IPT)
- Self-help groups for recreational activities and communication
Awakening Wellness Retreat – Depression Treatment in Gurgaon offers a variety of activities tailored around each patient’s social, emotional and spiritual needs and interests. Activities may include listening to music and music therapy, reading, religious activities, nature & bird watching from the living room, playing in-house games.